Sunday, June 12, 2022

A Tree Runs Through It

 There are times when I think of myself as a pretty good photographer. It usually doesn't take too long before there is a reality check.

It happened earlier today as I was continuing going through a pile of photos from my archives that I had copied to a folder for my street photography project. The photos I copied had various tags that would make them candidates for this quest.

The photo here came up. I had a good laugh. Urban trees are nice and desirable, even photogenic at times. This was, however, one of those photos only suitable for a "how not to do photography" tutorial.  Before dismissing it out of hand, I decided to pull up the original folder to see if I had corrected my mistake. After all, it seemed that all would have had to do is step forward a few feet, in front of the tree, for a nice urban view. No, I had not. No other photos from near that position.

So here it is in all its non-glory. 


Go ahead, laugh at me, have your chuckle. Then go on over to Ludwig.Gallery to see my developing street photography project.



.:. © 2022 Ludwig Keck

5 comments:

  1. Of course, I would chuckle, but not laugh, Ludwig, as the same thing or something similar has happened to me and most likely others too. The worst is when something in the background sppears behind a person's head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beatrice. All too often we get engrossed with what we think we see and don't notice what else is there.

      Delete
  2. Just visited your Street Photography project, Ludwig, and lots of interesting photos from the girl with soap bubbles to those quite artistic porta-potties. The man who paused to read in the foreground of the outdoor diners was quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Beatrice. That is an ongoing project. Not many people will ever see it, so I really appreciate your visit.

      Delete
  3. You’re welcome, Ludwig and Now I will try to remember to revisit it to see any future additions. There are so many possibilities here, especially now with outdoor dining and other events that would lend themselves to such a project if onky I would get started😉

    ReplyDelete