Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Bet

It was a stupid bet to take, but what can you do when your reputation is on the line? The photo was bad and should never have seen the light of day, but it did, and I said any artist worth his paint can make a masterpiece out of anything.

So here is the photo:

Flower Photo

Poor exposure, camera shake, bad focus, horrible background. But I took it on.

Now for my “masterpiece”:

Flower Painting

So what do you think, did I earn my beer?

.:.

© 2014 Ludwig Keck

2 comments:

  1. Ok Ludwig, in my opinions you earned your beer and then some. Great special effects did transform the original. It looks like several of the effects I have seen and used in my old version of Photoshop, but I can't recall the names, perhaps embossing is one. I do know you have used several for this creation...and I liked it! It's been awhile since I have played around with any of my photos, but think I should do so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beatrice! I will keep one of those beers to share with you when you get down here.
    Oh, yes, I did slather on the effects. The last one was "Plastic Wrap" in Microsoft Word. Sometimes it is a lot of fun to just try to make something of an otherwise mundane or unsuccessful image. Even if nothing comes of it, you can always chalk it up as a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete