Sunday, March 11, 2012

Photo of the week

Over at Gallery Ludwig I have been posting my “photo of the week” for a while now – some nice photos, some just playful and fun. Once you get started doing this it is really a good motivator to carry your camera everywhere and to look for picture opportunities.

Doing a “photo of the week” also takes the pressure off thinking that you should only present masterworks to the world. Actually, I learned that from my friend Vern who does a much more ambitious “photo-a-day”. He presents a delightful view of the world around him. It helps, of course, that he is a master in the craft of photography.

That brings me back to my on attempts. Since I present my POWs in my other gallery, I will not repeat those here, but want to share a few that did not make the grade. Enjoy!

 

***

robin

“What?? I am a bird – this is how we do it. We don’t have restrooms, you know.”

 

***

Security detail

Security detail

***

heron

Aim – focus – track – shoo… how did that tree get in the way?!

.:.

© 2011 Ludwig Keck

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words Ludwig! It's nice to have positive things happen in life! And also thank you for the chuckles. We don't usually share our goofs and they can sometimes be funny. How did that tree get there indeed! You just made my day! :).

    Vern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ludwig, while I had also thought about doing a photo a day photo blog, it seems like it could be too much effort. It's not that I don't take a camera nearly everywhere, but sometimes run short on time. Lately, I have been reading more blogs than posting comments. I enjoyed your comments on these photos. By the way, my carry everywhere camera is a Canon digital Elph, which is small and pocketable and takes surprisingly good shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back again, Ludwig, to let you know that the verification process on your blog comments is unwieldy. Ecentky took it off because it requires 2 word captures to be typed and they are hard to decipher sometimes. And, as a blog author we did not see them when commenting, so perhaps you are unaware of this process as well. Many bloggers are turning it off, which does open the blog to anonymous comments, but blogger has been vigilant in not having these show up on the post, just in our emails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Vern. Glad I made your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Beatrice. Yes one a day is a lot of effort. Vern manages it, but I don't have that much strength or talent.

    To make commenting easier I have removed the captcha requirement. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete