Sunday, July 17, 2022

A photo from my "NOT USED" folder

 Over at Ludwig.Gallery I have a project running now for over two months with a daily addition to "My Street Photography". This is a collection of photographs from the past dozen years that can be loosely escribed as street photography. I collected the original raw files together, and these are reprocessed with my latest "style" of post-editing. Often there are near duplicates and just one of those gets picked for inclusion in the project. Those near dupes, and others that just didn't make the cut, get dumped into the NOT USED folder. 

Here is one of those photos.


I remember the occasion of this photo well. Some friends and I were roaming around Savannah some nine years ago. A haunting sound of flute music led us to a quite place where this musician was playing happily to an audience of just a few birds. I took a number of photos. This and one other had made it into my review folder for my project. It was the other one that I picked for publication. This one got the boot. Not that it is a bad photo. In fact I like it a lot. Enough to show it and tell you about it here. I tried cropping it, but the results just didn't pan out. The photo needs the context of the surroundings. It works best full-frame, just the way it was taken.

In a way this photo also demonstrates the way Ludwig.Gallery is obscurely situated in a quiet nook of the internet. Only a few close friends know about it and ever go there. Although just a few clicks away, it is out of reach by internet standards. 


.:. © 2022 Ludwig Keck

2 comments:

  1. Many photographers have images in a "not used" folder, myself included. Every now and then, I make an effort to cull them because how many variations of a scene are really necessary. I am not sure I have yet found the snwer (sigh). I did go to check out the latest addition to your Street Photography project and will be waiting until the gallery is opened and the remodeling is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beatrice. Progress is slow, besides I can't decide what to hang on the limited wall space. So there will be "backrooms" with larger collections. Keep looking in on my progress. Comments and suggestions are most welcome.

      Delete