Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Creativity on Demand – Scheduled Periodic Posts

With the year coming to an end so is also my trek with “The Weekly Photo” and my “POW” posts (“Photo Of Week” and “Picture Of Week” on my other channels). It was an interesting attempt at coming up with an image every week. There were interruptions, but for the most part I am pleased with my efforts.

Before turning the leaf to a new venture, here the last of “The Weekly Photo” series.

Christmas Tree – The Weekly Photo

Christmas Tree

The idea of a scheduled post, be it daily, weekly, or some other interval, is to encourage keeping your camera with you and being alert for photo opportunities. For me that worked quite well, especially after I added a smartphone to my tool kit. The photo here, as so many in this collection, were spontaneous discoveries and photographed with my Nokia phone.

Being creative on demand is a much more stressful challenge. Maybe I will try it again sometime, but for 2013 I have a different project in mind with “aperiodic” posts. Sometimes individual photos, but also “essays”. To keep my enthusiasm active, I have given it a name: “Gallery EXP”. Yes, it will be an EXPeriment, but also an EXPloration, and hopefully also EXPansion of vision and skill. You will be able to see my EXPosition over on Silver Canvas. To get the gallery started I have included some favorite images. Where it will go – nobody knows.

I want to thank all who have commented on my posts, either by comment, email, or in person. Your kind words are very much appreciated.

Now let’s look forward: Happy New Year!

.:.

© 2012 Ludwig Keck

LiveWriter-credit-360

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ludwig, thanks for entertaining and informing with your blog posts. While I have not always commented, I have enjoyed your posts. Thank for your comments on our blog as well. I agree with your comment that having a camera along all the time leads to interesting observations. Many of the photos I use in my posts have come from the Canon digital Elph that is (usually) always with me. It only has a 4X zoom, but has proven quite handy. Good luck with Gallery EXP in 2013.
    Thanks for the holiday card and Happy New Year to yiu and Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to you and your family for a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Beatrice for the kind words. You have brought much joy with the Frog and the PenguINN. All the best for a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Linda, and all the best to you for the coming year! I look forward to your great photos.

    ReplyDelete